Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Faves

Whoa, it's been a while.  Is anyone still even reading....anyone....Bueller...???  I'm going to post anyway :). 

I'm enjoying summer so far (with the exception of a couple of things - another story for another day).  Will and I spent Memorial Day with my family and then had a whole week at the beach in June.  Part of the week was just us and part was with his family.  I can sit on the beach all day like it's my job!  We had a nice 4th of July with his family at the lake and are headed back tomorrow to celebrate his mom's birthday.  Next weekend is another beach trip - though much shorter :(.

Here are some things I'm loving this summer:

1.  This Quinoa salad

The recipe is from Skinny Taste found here.  I skip the onions and, if I'm being honest, Will makes it better than I do even though he doesn't eat it.  I think it's the TLC he adds ;). 

2.  Avocados


I can't get enough!  Plain, mixed in a salad, guacamole--any way I can get them. 

3.  La Croix waters


My favorites are plain, peach-pear, and lime.  I want to try more flavors, but don't want to commit to a whole box.  I've never found them sold individually, though. 

4. NO-AD Sunscreen


I've been using this brand for many years - lotions and sprays.  My sensitive skin does well with it and it has good coverage.  Very affordable also, which is a plus since Will can go through a whole spray bottle in a day (don't get me started...).

5.  Boat rides on the lake


We don't have a boat, so it's nice to know people who do!  #merica

Hope y'all are having a great summer!