Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fun Times in Memphis

I went to Memphis a couple of weekends ago with my friend, Emily.  Emily lives in Little Rock, so Memphis was a good place for us to meet each other for a girls' weekend.  I took off 1/2 a day that Friday afternoon and detoured through Muscle Shoals to have a late lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in years.  It was great to see him and meet his two sweet girls.  We had a delicious lunch at a place that serves fried cornbread.  Enough said!

Emily and I both made our way to Memphis and met up at the downtown hotel we booked through Hotwire.  It was nice enough, but nothing special.  The only room they had was a king, so I'm glad we are really good friends and have actually shared a bed on previous trips.  I think we shared the room pretty well and didn't get in each other's way.  I'm hoping that I never actually tried to snuggle with her.....

Memphis is a city that is near and dear to my heart.  I've had many enjoyable trips there and this one was no different.  We tried a few places to eat that I've never had:  Local, Flight, and The Majestic.  All were delicious.  No trip to Memphis would be complete without a few ribs and a sausage & cheese plate from Rendezvous (for me anyway).  Emily and I ate well for sure!  We shopped a little, talked a lot, and saw the movie Hunger Games, which is very good (book and movie). 

I was sad to leave Emily, but will see her again very soon at the beach in June!  Here's is our one picture from the weekend:


Cheers to a girls weekend with a fabulous friend!  Love you, Em!

No comments: