Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break 2012

No, I haven't been on spring break - but it definitely feels like it.  The past couple of weeks have given me serious spring fever.  Week before last, I went to a conference for work in Hollywood, FL.  Even though it was for work, I called it Spring Break! 

It's the third time that I've been to the same conference (previously held in Orlando and San Francisco), so I felt like a veteran when I showed up this year (one person referred to me as the "queen of NAREIT" to which I responded "where's my tiara?").  I'm beginning to see the same people every year and make new friends every year.  Though it's long days of classes/sessions, the evenings are always lots of fun.  The conference is heavily sponsored, which means the food and drink and entertainment is always awesome.  Since we were so close to Miami, there were outings to South Beach.  It seems like every place was cooler than the next.  The weather was great and I had an even better travel companion.  Another girl from my office, Alison, went to the conference, too.  She and I had a little too much just the right amount of fun!  We were there for 3 nights and I may or may not have gotten less than 10 hours of sleep.  Hydration was key.  The fancy bottles of Voss water and little bottles of Pellegrino really helped.  Maybe a little coffee, too.  The conference is a great place to learn new things, meet new people, and make industry contacts.  Don't you just love how I called it "industry?"  It's really just taxes.  Not too exciting!

You know I don't take a lot of pictures, but here are a few. 

The intent of this one was to show my new necklace (clearance rack at Gus Mayer) to my sister, but turned out to be an OK picture. 
Alison and Cassie (could it be any more close-up??  hazard of taking a picture of yourself)

My new yellow shoes - won't they look so much better with a little tan?
And there you have it, the only evidence of Cassie's 2012 spring break.  Next year, the conference is in La Quinta, CA.  I hear it's super nice and I can't wait!

No comments: