Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fear / Worry / Doubt

I often feel like so much of me is filled with fear and worry and doubt.  I tell myself to stop it and hand things over to God, but I sometimes just can't make it go away.  So many thoughts are continuously running through my mind - from personal to work and beyond.  And again, my devotion book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, saves the day.  Today's devotion says:

"I am always with you, so you have no reason to be afraid.  Your fear often manifests itself in excessive planning.  Your mind is so accustomed to this pattern of thinking that you are only now becoming aware of how pervasive it is and how much it hinders your intimacy with Me.  Repent of this tendency and resist it, whenever you realize you are wandering down this well-worn path.  Return to My Presence, which always awaits you in the present moment.  I accept you back with no condemnation."

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
 --Psalms 46:10

Being the accountant/control-freak that I am, it's hard to let go and let God, but it feels so much better when I do.  It feels good to know that He is there no matter what, even when I make the same mistakes over and over again.  

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am reading the same devotion book and I make lists every day!! I just shared this same devotion with my sweet daughter-in-law who is living with us until the end of May!! I love that we are reading the same devotion!!!!