Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday's Five Faves

Whew, it's been a loooong week since last Friday.  Here's are some things that help put a smile on my face:

1.  The return of So You Think You Can DanceI just love the stories and routines.  Mary is a little much sometimes, but I love Cat Deeley.  I don't have a favorite contestant at this point, but I'll keep you posted.

2.  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - when you've been shedding as many tears and losing as much sleep as I have, concealer is a must.  I've always struggled with concealer - either not applying it correctly or not having the right color.  Concealer is tricky.  My friend, Leanne, blogged about this concealer and let me try hers.  It was love at first hidden dark circle.  The cream comes up through a sponge and you just dab it on.  I use only the slightest amount, but it does an amazing job.  I didn't get a "color" and went with the "Brightener" like Leanne was using.  It has an illuminating-type effect.  I love it....and, it's a drug store/wal-mart buy - even better!


3.  Jesus Calling - I got this devotional book that a friend recommended.  I've never really done a daily devotional and I must confess that I sometimes get a day or two behind, but I'm really enjoying it.  There is a brief passage and two or three bible verses.  Somehow, it always says the right thing on the right day.  For example, last Friday's passage said "Thank Me for the very things that are troubling you......It is impossible to thank Me and curse Me at the same time." 



4.  Fly by OPI - Yes, my toenails are this color.  Yes, it's a little out of place at the office.  Yes, I feel super cool wearing it.



5.  Friends & Family - last Friday, when I got slapped in the face by life, I ran home to my family.  This week, when I wanted to go out to lunch or I haven't wanted to be alone in the evenings, my friends are there.  I am truly blessed.  The love and support that I have received is amazing.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, thank you to those who are there for me when I need you.  Thank you guys, too, for the prayers.

Everyone stay cool this weekend....triple digit heat!  You can find me in the A/C, shade, or pool!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You know you can always run to us when you need to. I know I may not always have the "right" answers or things to say, but I can always listen! We love you!