Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July & Upcoming Weekend

I hope you all had a great 4th!  Mine was awesome and started with this fabulous breakfast provided by my super cool roommate (no, I'm not sucking up because she doesn't read my blog - she has 3 toddlers and a full time job, so I understand).  I thoroughly enjoyed my grilled cheese cut into the shape of a star with watermelon and Dr. Pepper served on a princess plate.  Don't be fooled by the lack of crust--I ate that part, too. 

We slowly (and with a couple of meltdowns) made our way to Cullman to hang out at the pool.  We stopped for lunch at Top Hat BBQ.  I hear it's famous, so I had to get some.  I had a sandwich and it was pretty good.  The best part was the fried pecan pie a la mode.  Delicious!  Once at the pool, the beer margaritas were served and the relaxation began. 


It was such a nice day.  I don't recall ever getting really hot.  It was nice and relaxing.  I even got a short lounge chair nap!


We grilled out burgers and hot dogs, then made our way to see fireworks.  It was a pretty good show.  No 4th of July ever seems complete without a few fireworks.  One meltdown later, we made our way back to Birmingham.  




1 comment:

Beth said...

Sounds like a fun 4th! Tell your roommate I said hello!!

Will be thinking about you over the weekend - I cannot imagine! Keep smiling!