Monday, July 9, 2012

A View to a Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend, despite being worried about how it was going to go.  It started with a fabulous lunch at Olexa's on Friday.  Grilled cheese, tomato bisque, and salad followed by their amazing chocolate cake.  I shared this with another person even though I wanted to eat it all myself.


Friday night, I went with the family and some other friends to Free Friday Flicks in Homewood Park.  Movies are shown on a big screen and everyone brings chairs/blankets to sit on.  Kung Fu Panda 2 was the feature presentation.  The weather was great and it was a pretty perfect evening.  I could see myself spending many Friday nights doing just that.  Saturday was warm and spent at the pool - another pretty perfect day. 

Saturday night, I met up with some other girls for dinner at Hot and Hot Fish Club.  Dinner was delicious!  I had their famous tomato salad with lady peas and fried okra then a red snapper entree served with tomatoes and avocados.  I drank my dessert in the form of a glass of champagne.  Cheers!

My poor attempt at a few pictures from the evening.  I got this dress on clearance from Nordstrom and love how the blue made me look so tan.  Paired with my favorite pair of shoes at the moment, I was feeling alright.  I don't know why we didn't get a shot of the whole group.
 



Yesterday was nothing exciting - church, lunch, Belk clearance rack, followed by a quick nap.  It didn't end the way I wanted, but everyday can't be perfect.  It would probably be weird if they were.  Or, I would be lying if I said they were. 

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You look so pretty!!!! I LOVE that color!!!