Monday, July 30, 2012

WIDTW

WIDTW - What I Did This Weekend (yes, I"m making up acronyms)......because I know you are all wondering and deeply interested.

On Friday night, I went with Dana and Leanne to an Olympic Opening Ceremony party at the Lakeshore Foundation.  My company had generously sponsored a table.  There was good food and wine, though the party itself was sort-of lame.  We dined and ditched....



Leanne really wanted a skinny margarita from Cocina Superior and I wanted a bellini from Brio, so we did both.  I had a fun night out with two cool girls.  I'm so glad that Leanne is finished with the bar exam!  I've missed her so much while she's been studying.  It's going to be a long wait for grades till the end of September.



On both Saturday and Sunday, I had the pleasure of joining my friends at their neighborhood pool.  I know how to take advantage of some good pool/lounge chair time and stayed there longer than everybody!  I was joined a little while today by two sweet boys.  Dylan and I played a lot and he borrowed my extra hat.



Harrison had his snack with me on my lounge chair (actually, he ate my snack because he didn't want the one his mom packed for him), then got a little tired and needed to take a quick rest.  He has one towel for a pillow and another towel for a blanket.  Hilarious child!  



After everyone else went home, I finished reading a magazine and took a quick nap.  The pool was crowded and kids were playing loudly, but I have this amazing ability to fall asleep on a lounge chair.  What can I say, it's a gift!  Thanks to my friends for sharing their pool!

No comments: