Wednesday, August 1, 2012

No More Shoes.....

As I mentioned the other day, my shoe-buying days are numbered.  I've spent lots of quality time with all of my old and new shoes, so I think we'll be OK for a while.  While we all are sad that there won't be any new additions to the collection, we are all very excited about our new home.  I'm under contract on a townhouse!  Yea!  (I'm slightly excited, in case you missed that)  It's a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse at a development here in Birmingham called Acton Park.  The master bedroom is on the main level along with a garage.  My Realtor can confirm that my biggest requirement for a place is to be able to live all on one level.  Upstairs, there are two bedrooms, a jack-and-jill bath, and a loft/den area.  I like that my guests will be able to be upstairs and have privacy.  The rooms also each have large walk-in closets (no doubt my master closet will have to spill over into one of them).  Who will be the first lucky visitor????  Maybe I should have some sort of blog contest like other bloggers have....

Here's a quick tour of the place.  Please note that none of the furnishings are mine as these are the pictures from the MLS listing.  I think all of my things from my old house will work well and I'm very excited to get all of that out of storage.  I haven't seen some of my belongings for almost 6 months.....I doubt that I will have to buy anything new since I have a whole house full of furniture, but I'm sure a few new things will be needed wanted. 
Looking directly at the front.  That's my garage door on the right.  
My front porch stops in the middle where the two columns are close to each other. 
 
Looking from the front door to the porch and street.
Just inside the front door.  
In that little hallway ahead are a coat closet and powder room (half bath - but I prefer the term powder room and have always wanted one!) on the left and the door from the garage on the right. 
Looking toward the front door
Kitchen, looking into dining area and living room.  
That's the master bedroom off to the back right and the two big doors just on the right are the laundry closet. The other door is the pantry.
Kitchen
Kitchen looking toward front door
Kitchen (have we seen enough of the kitchen yet??) 
Let me take this moment to note how badly I want to get rid of that long fluorescent light.  Ugh....
Dining area looking into Kitchen
Dining area looking in to Living Room
Living Room
Living Room
Back porch
Master Bedroom

Master Bath - shower on the left.  
Directly ahead is the closet, toilet on the left, linen closet on the right.
Upstairs loft/den area

Guest room
 
Guest room
Jack-and-Jill bathroom
I'm also VERY excited that there is a pool.  
It looks very nice and I can't wait to start napping in some lounge chairs there!


Closing will be at the end of August, then I'll have a little work done before actually I move in.  I want to take out all of the tile and carpet on the main level and put in hardwoods (including master bedroom for allergy reasons).  That will definitely have to be done before I move in.  If my budget allows, I will also put in a new counter-top and back splash in the kitchen.  Maybe paint the cabinets.  Of course there are many other things I would love to do (hello, kitchen light) and I'll just have to make a wish list for later projects.  I may have to become some sort of DIY expert.....if other people can do it.....I know some of you are laughing at this thought, but remember that toilet seat?  I have some hidden and untapped talents!

I've NEVER lived alone and am really looking forward to having something that's all my own.  While I have enjoyed this transition phase and appreciate my friends letting me live with them, it's time to take this next step.  I've prayed about it a lot and feel like God is getting me to where I need to be.  Things seem to be happening easily and naturally.  Of course, I still need and appreciate your prayers.  I'll do another home tour once I'm moved in - which seems like will be forever from now!

4 comments:

Erin said...

How exciting! I know exactly where that is...our same builder did that development as well (I think..) I can't wait to see it with your stuff inside! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Cassie!

The Hoscheits said...

congratulations on your new home! it looks really pretty and the changes you want to make are going to make it really awesome.

Beth said...

Congratulations, Cassie!!! So happy things are getting where you need/want/deserve them to be!!! Can't wait to see the next home tour!