Monday, August 6, 2012

WIDTW

Another "What I Did This Weekend"  (again, because I know you all are deeply interested)

My Aunt Dee and I left Birmingham Friday afternoon and headed over to Atlanta.  I used Hotwire to book a hotel and we actually ended up at The W in Midtown.  I've stayed there before and was happy to go again, though sadly there was no time for the Bliss Spa that is there.   We had dinner at South City Kitchen.  I try to eat there almost every time I go to Atlanta and it did not disappoint.  The best part was dessert - pecan pie with brown sugar bourbon ice cream.  Yum!!  I didn't take any pictures at dinner because it was sort of dark in there and I didn't want my camera phone flash disturbing anyone.  The meal was delicious and it was a fun evening out in Midtown.

On Saturday morning, we got up and out early to head a little north for sweet Baby Owen's baptism.  I've never been to a Catholic baptism and it was really nice.  Isn't this just the sweetest baby boy!!


Parents James & Micki, Baby Owen, big sister Ellie (being held by daddy), and the God parents.

Cassie, Micki, Owen, Aunt Dee

I got this handkerchief made for Owen.  I hope he has it forever, then his bride can have it as her something blue and/or old.  During the baptism, the Deacon talked about how that day was Owen's "birthday" in the church.  

After the baptism, Micki and James served lunch at their house.  Their house is really nice and the lunch was delicious.  We hung out for a while, then we left from there and headed a little further north to some outlet stores.  They were ok......your typical outlets.  I could have shopped more at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware, but it's hard to know what I really want for my townhouse at this point.  We made our way to a Nordstrom Rack and the serious shopping began.  It was awesome.  Micki met us out for dinner that night at an Italian restaurant.  I stuffed myself with bread, wine, Mediterranean salad, and gnocchi.  I never get to spend that much time with my cousin, Micki, and it was so nice to be there with her and her sweet family.  Micki - get that guest room ready! :)


On Sunday, our only plans were brunch and shopping.  We had a yummy breakfast at Murphy's in Virginia Highlands.  We did "cheers" with our coffee since you can't order alcohol until 12:30!!!  Who knew GA was just as backward as AL.....


My handsome friend, Chad, met us for brunch.  He and his family live in the area.  His wife and kids were supposed to join us, but weren't able to make it.  I haven't seen Chad in about 11 years and I swear he hasn't changed at all.  I love it when I see old friends and it's like old times picking up where we left off.  I'm excited to meet his wife and kids in Lineville soon.


Brunch gave us just the energy we needed to hit Phipps Plaza.  I needed to spend a little time at Tiffany and actually see the inside of a real Nordstrom.  The kind folks at Tiffany saved the day and served us mimosas.  That's a good way to get me to spend $$......several hours and one worn out credit card later, we headed home.  I made it back to Birmingham just in time for the last service at COTH, then to my new friend Melanie's to have birthday cake.  I loved spending time with family, old friends, and new friends all in one weekend.  I was sad to see it come to an end.  Now, on to planning the next weekend.

No comments: