Monday, August 13, 2012

A Good Excuse to Eat Chocolate

Not that I really need an excuse to eat chocolate, but I love to read the phrases on the inside of Dove chocolates wrappers.  Here are a couple of my favorites:

"Women's intuition.....don't leave home without it!"

I feel like I am sometimes guilty of not following my intuition.   It's often difficult, though, to distinguish what's intuition vs. fear vs. other feeling/emotions.  I've learned a lot about myself lately and what I want to get out of life.  It's hard to trust myself completely after going through what I did, but I'm getting there.  The important thing for me to remember is that God has me where he wants me and will get me to where he wants me to be.  I will trust in the Lord, not in my own understanding.  All of that said, some decisions just have to be made in the moment based on what we know and see--and we need to make sure we aren't ignoring or overlooking some things just because of certain situations.  When I'm shopping and can't decide about something, I walk away from it.  If I'm still thinking about it in a week, I go back for it.  If it's there, it's there; if it's not, then I got my answer!  :) 

Another very memorable Dove quote that I've seen (don't have a picture, though) said:

"What would you do if you could not fail?"

Hmmmm, that's a tough one.  I hope to be able to answer it someday!  

No comments: