Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Please Seat Yourself

You know how there are some things that you think will never happen to you or that you will never have to do?  I've had a few of those things happen to me recently.  I'm proud to say that I was able to 100% on my own handle one of them and its completely repaired.  Sure, it was a toilet seat - but does that really matter?  And yes, I did try to get someone to fix it for me, but it just didn't work out that way. 

****warning - images of a very clean toilet below****

The toilet seat in the guest bathroom cracked a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure how it happened, but there have been so many people in and out of my house lately that I'm not surprised.  I don't really use this bathroom any more because part of my new work out routine is to go upstairs to the bathroom instead of using the closer guest bath.  Anyway, my brother-in-law was here and was going to fix it for me.  If only I had purchased the right color!  I thought I needed a cream color elongated seat.  The options are round or elongated and white or cream.  Little did I know that my toilet seat is actually a color in between called Biscuit. 

It only took two trips to Home Depot, which I consider to be quiet an accomplishment for a home repair project.  My brother-in-law was long gone when I finally got the right color.  I had no choice but to try to fix it myself.  I've got to say it could not have been easier.  I snapped the covers off the little part on the back then unscrewed the screws.  I then cleaned that part and wondered why it didn't occur to me to put on gloves for this task.  Oh well.  I unboxed the new seat and screwed it into place then cleaned it.  Done!  (then I washed and re-washed my hands and changed clothes). 






Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of myself.  No, I haven't tested it out yet.  I will leave that to my next lucky guest.  

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I think you were very brave for even TRYING!!!! I wouldn't have known where to begin! Sorry it didn't work out for it to get done while we were there!!!! But, very proud of you!!!!