Sunday, January 22, 2012

Precious Gift

I came home the other day to a package at the front door.  Who doesn't love a box at the front door?  It's like I can imagine the mailman (or woman) saying "special delivery!"  Though, I think this one came via FedEx.  Anyway, from the time that I saw it driving up, getting into the garage, getting the mail, etc., I wondered what it was.  I wasn't expecting anything and could not think of anything that I had ordered recently.  I decided it must not be for me.  I brought it inside to the kitchen counter and looked at the label.  It was for me!  Then, I check the return address to make sure it wasn't a mail bomb or ...... I can't think of the name of that other stuff people were sending in the mail.....I know it's not arsenic.....oh well.  It was from someone I know, so I immediately tore into it.  What awaited me was something completely unexpected. 

It was this beautiful afghan.  These pictures do not do it justice. 


I mean, just look at all this detail!


A very special friend made this for me.  I can't even imagine all of the time that she spent making it for me - every stitch was done with love!  I will treasure this gift forever and it's maker.  Love you!







1 comment:

Brandi said...

AWWWW! How sweet. And how sweet of the person to make it for you!! They probably loved making it for you, too!!!