Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year

Well, so far 2012 is off to a great start.  I celebrated the new year with great friends and good times.  On Saturday night, I went to dinner with Dana, Gretchen, Robin, and Harmony.  We had a great time at one of my favorite restaurants, Village Tavern.  What's hilarious is that we didn't even wait for a table.  Yes, on New Year's Eve!  After dinner, Dana, Gretchen, and I went by a friend's party.  We watched the ball drop (really 11 pm CST) and hung out for a little while before heading to my house to ring in the actual new year.  On Sunday morning, I took Leanne to church with me.  I enjoyed being in church that morning and hearing the sermon about new beginnings.  We had communion, too. 

After church, I had brunch at Silvertron with Leanne, Dana, and Gretchen.  Later that afternoon, Leanne, Dana, and I went for a long 3 mile walk (thanks, Leanne!).  We hung out then had a New Year's dinner at Leanne's.  Leanne made collard greens and baked potatoes.  Matt grilled steaks.  Dana made some awesome black eyed peas - in the crock pot complete with ham!  It was a delicious dinner.  For dessert, we made mint chocolate chips cookies served warm with vanilla ice cream.  Yum!  The cookies are good, but warm with the ice cream was just phenomenal.  To round out the day, we watched a movie - Friends with Benefits.  Everyone laughed when I said I was slightly embarrassed by how crude it was.  They said "what were you expecting?"  It was a funny movie, but definitely a little crude.  Consider yourself warned. 

Today, I slept in a little bit and probably would have slept later but a repairman came over to fix a shutter outside.  He rescheduled on my twice last week, so I should consider myself lucky that he showed up this morning.  I had lunch with a friend and then have just been doing stuff at home.  Trying to clean out/organize/etc.  I'm almost done, but don't think I'll get it all done tonight.  It's time to watch the Bachelor!  Who else is going to watch this train wreck? 

It's back to work tomorrow.  I'm preparing myself for the craziness that will be January.  I am thankful to have a job and will try to keep a smile on my face while doing tons of work in very little time.  If I'm not blogging regularly, you know what's keeping me away!

Happy New Year!  I hope that your 2012 has started off as nicely as mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New blog! New blog! You have a new blog!

Yaaaaay!

:)
Deborah