Saturday, December 24, 2011

Angels

Since I shared my wish list, let's switch gears to see what some special little ones are getting for Christmas. 

Each year, my church participates in Angel Tree festivities with other local churches.  I picked up three angels this year.  One was a teenage girl who wanted a gift card to Justice.  Having once been a teenage girl, I can definitely appreciate that!  I did get to shop for the other two children and had so much fun selecting items for them. 

I had a little girl that is 3.  Her list had three toy wishes and no clothing needs - so I got to buy all toys.  I got her a Tinkerbell dress up outfit, a baby doll with stroller and pretend baby food, Dora the Explorer doll, and a couple other small things. 



I also had a five year old little boy.  He wanted a basketball goal.  You should have seen me in Toys R Us trying to get this thing in a cart/to the register/in my car/etc.  Whew!  He also got some cars and motorcycle toys.  


All of the churches joining together at a festival to give the gifts to the parents.  The kids have snacks and games, while the parents load up the goodies.  Last year at the festival, I helped with games.  This year, I worked at the table where all the parents checked in to get the gifts.  What a blessing to have been a part of that.  They were all so appreciative.  While checking in a lady, she gave me her ID numbers and I realized they were the kids that I shopped for.  I told her that and I think she almost hugged me.  She wanted me to meet the kids, but I wasn't able to leave the table.  I told that that I had enjoyed shopping for them and hope they enjoyed the gifts. 

This year, more than any other, I needed to be a part of this.  Even when I am not feeling like it, I am so blessed.  I need to take more time to thank God for what I have instead of questioning things.  I pray that I am able to accept God's plan for my life.

No comments: