Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

I'm home from an awesome Christmas in Lineville......and boy am I tired!  We crammed a lot into 4 days.  There was tons of food and fun.  We all got some good gifts and had fun playing with them.  I did get a couple of things from my list (perfume and nightgown). 

On Christmas Eve, we made gingerbread houses.  It was fun and messy and more work than I expected.  I had to work extra hard because I trash talked the whole time about my gingerbread house decorating skills.  I think it distracted everyone else and I did end up with the best house.  From left to right, the houses are Cassie, Noah, Brandi, Bryan, and Jonah.


The boys were more than happy to go to bed early that night.  Though at 5:30 am Christmas morning, I needed a little more sleep.  Seriously, 5:30 am.  There is not enough coffee in Clay County....Brandi and I had thought we would be in a big rush that morning to get everything done and get to church by 10:30.  Needless to say, we had plenty of time.  Presents, playing, monkey bread, showering/hair washing, etc.  Plenty of time.  The church service was nice and I enjoyed going to church actually on Christmas Day.  For lunch, I crashed the Amason family Christmas gathering.  They welcomed me with plenty of food and even a couple of gifts.  I should start crashing all of the Amason gatherings!

As is we hadn't done enough (eaten enough, opened enough presents), we had our family Christmas that night.  Everyone gathered at my parent's house.  We opened presents before dinner.  The boys got an Xbox Kinnect.  So exciting!  We played after dinner and more the next day.  There are pictures and videos - all of which I hope are never published! 

Today, we shopped and saw a movie.  The boys waited for me to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunk movie - Chipwrecked.  It was really cute.  We had lunch at Cracker Barrel, too.  It was pancakes and bacon all around (except Mema had a salad).  I am very proud of myself for only buying a few after-Christmas-sale items.  I needed a few more gift bags. 

All in all, it was a great Christmas.  I enjoyed spending time with my family.  They know how to make me feel loved and appreciated.  I wish I could have stayed with them longer.  Sadly, there is much work to be done and I have to get back to it. 

2 comments:

Brandi said...

We had a wonderful time with you here!!! Thank you for all our gifts. I'm gonna get the X Box down pat and I'm gonna stomp you the next time your here! LOL!

Paula said...

We all had a Blessed Christmas!!! I ate way too much and opened far to many gifts!!! I had rather give than receive (Its such a wonderful gift to be able to give to those who you love most!!) Cassie ,it was so good to have you here to share Christmas with us!!! I Love You VERY MUCH!!!