Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Juice. It's What's for Dinner.

My super cool roommates got a juicer with all the trimmings (i.e. vegetables & fruits) and decided we should do a juice fast.  Of course, I jumped on the bandwagon.  I think it will be a good detox.  Time to get all of the bad stuff (thoughts, food, people, etc) out of Cassie! 

We have juiced many things including:  carrots, apples, celery, spinach, kale, ginger, parsley, strawberries, tomatoes and cucumbers.  We have a few more things that we haven't tried yet - beets, cabbage, and cilantro.  Most of our juices consist of any/all of the above.  The juices are mostly vegetables with a little fruit tossed in to help with the taste.  We have fresh juice at home for breakfast and dinner, but drink low sodium V8 for lunch. 

Here's what it looks like pre-juicer: 

And post-juicer....

Yes, it's a very unpretty, unappetizing shade of green.  The trick is to serve it over ice and drink it with a straw.  Quickly.  We're adults and just have to realize that everything isn't going to taste like chocolate ice cream and Hershey kisses.  It honestly doesn't taste that bad.  If the juice has cucumber in it, I really only taste that.  I like a little tomato in mine, but one of the roommates doesn't so we don't included it every time. 

We are now at the end of Day 3 and I'm still alive.  Someone check on me in a couple days, OK?  :) 

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I feel nauseous looking at that!!!