Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1 - The Story of My Life


Day 1 - the story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

I sincerely hope that no one is counting words or reading too closely - this is going to be a dull story....

Hi, I'm Cassie.  I was born and raised in small-town Alabama.  I moved from that small town, to college in Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!), to begin work after college in Birmingham.  Except for a brief stint in Philadelphia, PA, those are the only places I've ever lived.  I enjoyed my time in Phila and am happy to have had the chance to experience living somewhere else.  Ultimately, though, being that far from home just wasn't for me.  I am an accountant and I work at a real estate company.  I have an older sister who is my best friend and two super cool nephews.  I am a Christian (Methodist) and am active in my church.  While I wish it wasn't an important detail, I feel that I must share that I am divorced.  I was married for almost 10 years and have been divorced about a year and a half.  I do not have any children.  I kid you not, divorce is the hardest thing I've ever gone through - which, if you think about it, is actually not that bad.  I survived it, learned from it, and moved past it.  I am strong-willed (stubborn), independent, loyal, and wear my emotions on my sleeve.   I love being with friends and family, but also treasure my down time.  Currently, I'm enjoying being done with busy/tax season and gearing up for a fun summer.  I love being at the beach or pool or lake and like to get in as many lounge chair naps as possible.

I think that's enough about me for now.  Day 1 done!  I'm excited to read others' posts about themselves.  Go check out the links on Jenni's blog.   

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hi Cassie! I found you through Jenni's link up, and I just wanted to say hi, and that I'm following along now and am excited to read more! Hope you're having a great Wednesday!