Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 4 - Favorite Quote


Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it

Oddly enough, my favorite quote is from the TV show Gilmore Girls.  I absolutely love that show and watch the re-runs on ABC Family all the time.  I'm in awe of Lorelei and Rory's relationship.  I would love to have that same type of relationship with a daughter someday.  Fingers crossed! 

The quote comes from one of the characters, Lane, who is being forced to go to a 7th Day Adventist college.  She says:

I'm going to look on the bright side, find the silver lining, and make myself some lemonade.

I think of this phrase all the time and remind myself to make the most of what seems like a bad situation.  Like when I mentioned in the post about myself, divorce was bad - but not the worst thing that could have ever happened.  When I sat a group of friends down to tell them the divorce news, one girl let out a huge sigh and said "Oh goodness, I thought you were about to tell us you have cancer or something."  Exactly - I'm still alive!

I also have a phrase of the day calendar and this was one of the messages:






So very true.  Hope has gotten me through some tough times. 

No comments: