Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7 - Fear



Day 7, Tuesday: The thing(s) you're most afraid of

After missing a couple of days (though, I did post about LASIK), I'm going to get back to the blog every day in May challenge to tell you a little about my fears.  In this previous post, I mentioned a little bit about that and how I deal with it.  Prayer and devotionals and scriptures are the best things for me when fear starts to take over. 

I'll just go ahead and be completely honest and admit that my biggest fear is that I will never have kids.  As irrational as it may be, you try being unmarried at 35 with no kids and tell me you don't have the same fear.  With Mother's Day fast approaching and people having babies all around, I have to try very hard to keep this fear in check.  I know that if it is God's will for me to have children, then I will.  Trouble is - I'm not fully clued in to God's will for me.  That's when my attempt at patience has to kick in.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had my last son at 40 and it has been wonderful. You do have a few years. I hope that things fall into place for you and you have a child soon. I know that there is a plan for you and whatever happens it will be good.


http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

Loving your Blog a Day in May posts!!!

Leanne said...

You're going to be the best mom to a very lucky baby someday soon...And you will truly and completely be ready:)